Juvederm Ultra XC
WHAT IS JUVEDERM® ULTRA XC?
JUVEDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is a hyaluronic acid gel formulated with 0.3% lidocaine for a more comfortable patient experience. It is also available in Juvederm Ultra Plus XC.
WHAT MAKES JUVEDERM ULTRA XC SPECIAL?
The new JUVEDERM® Ultra XC formulation is enhanced for patient comfort. You can now get the smoothness you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
WHAT IS LIDOCAINE?
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that reduces the immediate feeling of pain and produce numbness.
WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. The role of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a cushioning agent.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Juvederm Ultra XC gel is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe wrinkles and folds occur (most often around the nose and mouth). The injected gel adds immediate volume and restores a smoother appearance to the face with the NEW added comfort of 0.3% Lidocaine!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JUVEDERM ULTRA XC AND JUVEDERM ULTRA PLUS XC?
Like Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus, the basic functions are the same. However, both Juvederm Ultra Plus and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC are a more dense form of this cosmetic injection. They are also the most cross-linked versions. Hence, it has a greater filling-up-volume effect where cheeks, lips, naso-genian folds, general folds, and very deep nasolabial folds are concerned.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE MY TREATMENT?
You should stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oil supplements for 2 weeks prior to injection, to decrease your risk of bruising at injection site.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
- After the procedure there is minimal recovery or downtime.
- You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas
- Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing.
- One treatment could smooth your lines and wrinkles for up to 1 year! However, results may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results.
- Risks include bruising at site of injections
ADDITIONAL JUVEDERM PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- NYC Juvederm Ultra Plus XC
- NYC Juvederm Voluma XC